Hello world…if you are here, find me and my work at:
Gerry Stecca’s Art: Art Basel Miami Week 2014
305 6081998 GStecca@aol.com
Bakehouse Art Complex: “New and Recent”
Here you can see NEW and RECENT work as well as enjoy two galleries and many open studios. As a former tenant, I am very happy to be able to have a presence at this popular local art venue, alongside colleagues and those who visit my studio every At Basel. (Space number to be announced but it will be easy to find me anyways).
1) Basel Exhibition Preview: FRIDAY 11/29, 7-10 pm On view through 1/11/14 $5 admission; Free for BAC Members.
2) Baker’s Breakfast @ BAC: THURS 12/5 & FRIDAY 6. 9 am – 12pm (This is a free event)
3) Art Miami: “VIP After Party” at the Bakehouse Art Complex. SATURDAY 12/7, 7-11 pm General admission $10; Free for BAC members & Art Miami/Context Art Miami VIP card holders and exhibitors.
4) Swenson Gallery: Two of a kind. I am exhibiting two paintings here.
5) On Wednesday, we are on the official Art Basel Studio Tours, and on Thursday, with Pulse.
I will surely be there during these events. In between I will visit other venues but always close by. Contact me for appointments or if you find yourself at the door.
FORD MOTOR Co. “Espacio ara tus suenos”
In this exhibition I will present various small works, sculptural and paintings as well as a new and very large sculpture/installation inspired by my most recent observations of Mangroves. This piece will san over 20’ x 8’ x 9’ and includes a new approach to this series. It is vey exciting to be involved not only with Ford Motor Co. but also with the Artisan Lounge as it is another great local outlet for artist in Downtown Miami. Show runs until Dec 16th.
Free to the public and Free Parking at Christ Fellowship
Located in one of our most unique and colorful landmarks (Calle Ocho), this multipurpose arts space asked to host my Hammer Head shark, an 11’ long, created to scale shark originally made for an exhibition at the Fort Lauderdale Museum of Art in 2012. You can see it in the lobby before or after you have yourself a real cup of Miami/Cuban coffee.
OLD BUT GOOD
2) The Vagabond Mural: Transcendental Vagabonds 2008, created as a temporary Mural, the work stayed and has become a local icon. Vandalized in 2011 during Art Basel, it made the news and got me some welcome attention. http://thevagabondmiami.com/ See link here: Stecca deals with Vandals
TO BE ANNOUNCED: I’ waiting for one last venue which is still pending…stayed tuned!
This year I hope to see many of you, meet new people and share my work with the world.
How does a humble artist gets it ALL done before Art Basel week in Miami????? I’ll be posting where and when you can see my art if you are here for Basel 2013 (starting this very Friday until Sunday Dec 9th):
When I think of my work blending with nature…it sounds a bit like “artsy” blah blah blah… but at last I have photographic evidence that what i see in my head does happen in real life!
At The Studios of Key West during my exhibition take down. On the way to the van I set the work on the ground for a breather and this shot was taken.
TREE WRAP VI took place at the new Fort Smith Regional Museum of Art (Arkansas) where it is now a permanent outdoors installation. Consisting of over 9000 + wood clothespins, four trees were wrapped in front of the museum. Also, Tree Wrap V is currently in exhibit in Lafayette, CO until March 2014.
Curated by Lee Ortega (Director)
Music by Podingtonbear.com